31 December 2021
What is Praava Health?
Praava Health is building Bangladesh’s fastest growing consumer healthcare brand. We are raising the bar with a brick-and-click healthcare platform that combines digital tools with meaningful doctor-Patient relationships, quality diagnostics, and pharmacy services. In May 2020, Fast Company recognized Praava Health in its World Changing Ideas Awards. Praava’s work has also been featured by Forbes Magazine, Financial Times, NASDAQ, Tech in Asia, and Devex; and Praava won MIT Solve’s Bangladesh Tiger Challenge in 2019. Praava Health was selected by the Tamer Fund for Social Ventures at Columbia Business School as an inaugural portfolio venture, and was also selected by Alter Global as one of Bangladesh’s most promising new companies. Praava is a Patient-driven company that aims to be every Patient’s first call, seamlessly integrating quality infrastructure with technology to improve efficiency, accessibility, & scalability of the brick & click model. Praava is the combination of the words “praan” (life) and “aava” (beam) — “beam of life” is a symbolic reflection of what we are building. We aspire to be Bangladesh’s trusted partner in health, empowering Patients to manage their health in a manner aligned with their values. We are a small, impassioned, collaborative team that is inspired to build the best healthcare company in Bangladesh. We seek interns who are excited to help us to build, design, and communicate a new brand and a new concept of healthcare to a new market.
Why Bangladesh is the Next Asian Tiger
Nearly 170 million people live in Bangladesh, making it one of the world’s most populous countries and densely populated markets. Bangladesh is also one of the fastest growing economies in the world and has been dubbed the next Asian tiger by the World Economic Forum, The Economist, and others. A dynamic, growing middle class of 40+ million people – 25% of the population – has already propelled Bangladesh to “middle-income” status. As income levels rise, health expenditures increase disproportionately. Middle class families demand and can pay for higher quality services. To learn more about Bangladesh’s healthcare system, check out pieces penned by the founder for the Strategic Review and the Council on Foreign Relations.
What will you be doing?
Dynamic, self-motivated individuals to join the marketing team to help create and implement strategies that further goals.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- They will liaise with finance to ensure bills.
- They will oversee brand executions.
- They have to execute logistical support for marketing operations.
- They need help in store keeping.
- They will report to the junior marketing officer.
- Bringing a start-up mindset of working with limited resources and getting jobs done with external/internal experts at times. Huge learning opportunity to grow into this domain with the employer.
- Provide monthly reports to the Product Manager so that data is available for informed decision making.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training ; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in any discipline from any reputed university.
- 0-1 Year experience in Marketing (preferred)
- Effective Communication Skill
- Innovative Thinking
- Proactive and energetic
- Familiar with Microsoft Office and Internet Applications.
- Strong practical problem-solving ability
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment
- Has prior experience in business strategy and planning.
- Has experience with campaign planning or developing branding strategies.
- Proficient in MS office (advance knowledge in excel)
- Problem solver, quick decision maker and has the ability to work under pressure.
Why work at Praava Health?
- Make the world a better place: Every member of our team believes in her/his capacity to contribute to systemic change in healthcare in Bangladesh
- Be at the forefront of redesigning healthcare delivery: Praava has an incredible platform for impact, including through incorporation of value-based concepts that align our incentives with our Patients’ for a healthier future for our communities and our country
- Improve healthcare and health through evidence: We are investing in constantly evaluating the effectiveness and impact of our work.
- Revolutionize healthcare through the concept of patient-centric care: Praava’s core values ensure that Patients are treated with empathy, respect, and dignity. We are committed to creating an unparalleled healthcare experience and changing the perception of healthcare in Bangladesh. We are driven by the belief that clinical outcomes are actually improved when Patients are engaged in managing their health.
- Join a diverse, energetic team: The Praava team is proud to have attracted a wide range of international and local talent, and we hope you can help us to expand this. The team is energetic, amiable, and helpful, and truly embodies a work family.
- Be part of a rapidly scaling organization: By harnessing technology, data, and creative alternative financing models, Praava Health expects to offer world-class health care to tens of millions of Bangladeshis
Please email a statement of inquiry and resume with the subject “Marketing Intern” to email@example.com.